TENDER LOVING CARE
You’ve got it - We all want our beautiful new luxe pieces to stay in perfect shape!
To help you along, please see our top tips.
First things first! Your 2NDSKIN luxe leather apparel piece has been individually created & ethically produced. Slow fashion attire to be worn & loved for years to come. Treasure & wear often. Treat with care and the potential to last a lifetime is there.
- We suggest to apply a leather stain protector first up, & every 6 - 12 months thereafter to maintain the longevity
- Unfortunately accidents can happen & stains may occur!
- Treat the effected area(s) as soon as possible. Blot & spot clean with a soft damp cloth
- ANILINE LEATHER: Stain residue may remain on lighter colours
- Suggestion - Apply a small amount of talcum powder when the affected area is dry in an effort to draw out the liquid. This may help with reducing the stain
- Try not to get wet! If this happens allow your piece to simply air dry
- Do not Dry clean - We are not lovers!
- Hang item(s) on a well-shaped hanger out of direct sunlight
- Never store in plastic - leather can’t breathe!
- Avoid direct contact with hairspray, perfume & make-up!
- Store you luxe leather piece in a temperate environment
- Travelling - simply fold your leather apparel piece & place in your 2NDSKIN muslin dust bag whereby it can breathe & be protected at the same time
Wear often, wash less & keep it cool! Your 2NDSKIN hand-made slow fashion denim item has been pre-washed and pre-shrunk. Stretch has been added to allow for individual shapes. After washing, item will return to the original form. Designed to age & fade gradually for that lived in look. That’s a great start.
- First wear- there may be excess colour residue remaining, so please avoid contact with light coloured items
- Try not to wash so much - indigos dyes will release more with every wash
- Machine wash cold
- Gentle cycle inside out
- Wash darks separately
- Try to avoid tumble dryers, or dry on a low cycle if needed!
- Warm iron if required
- Don’t dry clean - damage may occur to the dye lot & elastane
- Refer to care label on garment